Skip to main content

Welcome to Adventures of a Frugal Teacher Mom (AFTM)!


My name is Natalie Chustz, and I am from Cajun country also known as south Louisiana. I am an educator teaching young learners at a small Catholic school and a mom to an active two-year-old. I enjoy all things educational technology, photography, traveling, camping (or glamping), wine, and just enjoying the little things in life. I have a big family with three brothers and three sisters; therefore, family time is the best time in my opinion. 


Image may contain: 3 people, including Drew Chustz, beard, ocean and outdoor

Just recently, during a huge shopping trip finding huge sales after Christmas, I found a new hobby…. PUZZLES! Who would have thought!?!? It is actually a great stress reliever, especially if you have a glass of wine or two or completing with family or friends. I completed my first puzzle on New Years. It only took two days since I had huge help from the family. 



No photo description available.



After a few adventures in 2020 (the pandemic year), a colleague gave me a bright idea. She commented on a post on Facebook and the idea was born… A BLOG! Me?!?!? A writer, no way! I just love sharing my adventures… and saving money! After some prayer and thought, I thought why not?  Here we are today… I am drafting/posting my first post. 



Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, sky, cloud, outdoor and closeup



I hope you enjoy my stories of my adventures, my frugal shopping trips, and some laughs here and there! 


XOXO, 

A.F.T.M 


*Feel free to sign up for email updates. On February 13th, I will pull a lucky winner for a Target, my favorite store, gift card!* Click Here to sign up!







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Winners!

Thank you to all my readers and those who signed up for email updates.  Also, I am so happy that we have four winners today!   Drum roll please….  Please see the video below.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjtF2hLN0cs   I copied the list from the Google Sheet responses and then used ( https://wheelofnames.com/# ) to spin for the lucky winners. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!  $20 Target GiftCard  Christy Angelle  Lucy Simon  BRIE Bracelet (Adult)  Lindsey Leger  BRIE Bracelet (Girl)  Alexis Stanford  Tee’s Kitchen Love Box : Must pick up in Maurice (2/14) Time to be determined: Casey Landry  Stay tuned for more exciting posts and giveaways in the future. Every person that you share the blog with who signs up, please let me know. This might be a future giveaway in the future.  XOXO,  AFTM

Natalie, Outdoors, Hunting, & Glamping

  In December 2017, my husband came to me and told me about a hunting camp he saw on Facebook. Coming from the man that never Facebooks, I knew this might be something serious. This was right around the time we found out we found out we were expecting our first child. At the time, I didn’t think anything of it…. I just thought “Yes! Husband will be out of my hair while hunting here and there.” Little did I know it was going to be a big investment, weekend trip after weekend trip, and a whole lot of new adventures. Fast forward to the fall of 2018, a month or so after I delivered our healthy tiny baby boy. My maternity leave was filled with busy work weeks for hubby and then a hubby gone to work at the hunting camp during the weekend. I really didn’t understand what he could be doing at “the hunting camp.”  I just knew he was driving back and forth to Oakdale while I was tending to our new child.  My husband has always hunted ever since he was a little boy. He and his father share a lov